Saturday, January 5, 2013

The “Cluckers” (my chickens) New Years Resolutions

DSC05191 

The chickens are so happy and excited about the new year!

So Foghorn, what are your plans for your ladies this year?

Foghorn: “Well I plan to keep my ladies happy, happy, happy….and I will probably let my spurs grow even longer…..you know the ladies like big spurs…err err err err errrrrrrrr!!!!

Aunt Bea, what about you?

Aunt Bea: “I have decided that even though I’m not as young as the other ladies I will try not to be so “witchy” about it.  Switch therapy has helped.”

Lucy, your red feathers are lovely, do you have any special plans for this year?

Lucy: “Oh thank you, you know this is my natural color..(whispering..not like some others). You know I’m not like anyone else, I’m embracing my individuality and living life to the fullest!”

DSC05035

Millie and Tillie, what are your plans?

Millie: “ First of all I don’t understand why we always have to be interviewed together..just because we are twins doesn’t mean we have to do everything together.”

Tillie: “Don’t mind her….she’s still a little upset because I weigh less than her. She has cut way back on corn and she is a little grouchy. We fight but we always make up because we love each other and we’re sisters.”

Millie: “Whatever!”

Talking about togetherness, Pointer Sisters, how about y’all?

Pointer Sisters: (all singing at once) “We are family, I got all my sisters and me” cluckcluckcluckcluck,heeheehee….oops that’s the Sisters Sledge.

DSC05201

They did tell me they had to get plenty of rest because their busy season is coming up soon. 

Easter is an egg-cellent holiday!

Millie: “And what’s up with the rabbits getting all the credit for OUR eggs!”

Well it looks like the chickens are happy (except Millie) and ready to start 2013!

4 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh too funny. I let the girls out to roam today and they were so funny. I love watching chickens.

Holly said...

Well, they certainly look happy. But then again, how could a chicken not be happy in a home like theirs?

Unknown said...

I love watching mine also. They are so happy clucking and scratching. The only bad thing is when they scratch out my mulch or poop on the driveway...:)

Unknown said...

Thank you Holly! I think my husband did a great job building my coop...:) You should get you some chickens...it has been one of the best decisions we have made yet.....but I still have pantry envy...;)