Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Potting Shed

Guess what I've been doing?

Besides eating Little Debbie snacks (that's too easy).

I've been working outside!!!

I'm really trying hard not to plant all my flowers or my garden yet.

Oh but I want too!


But do you see that little extension coming off of the coop?

I did that!!

All by myself (puffed up chest and swelled head)...:)

I decided that I needed a potting shed....:)


I made the sign first.

Now the roof part was not pretty.....

I was sweating and fussing and dirty and math challenged but

it's up there!

Because really......did you really think hubby would go for adding 

round thing-a-ma-jigs on the posts because it would look cute?

Or have the brilliant idea of adding bottles to the post like a bottle tree?


I think not!

Only my mind.....my crazy tacky artistic mind....would think of that....:)

And then I found a broken shovel and a funnel and

BAM!

a plant stand!


Now I would be lying if I said I didn't have ANY help....

Rod Stewart was not impressed with the new metal chickens....

"hey....why do you need these when you have me?"


I know Rod....they can't compare to you.

I can't wait until I get to plant flowers and vegetables and 

all the empty beds are filled!!

Be sure and check back soon.

There is no telling what I may have dragged out of the dump

dreamed up by then.



11 comments:

Willow said...

Loving your craftiness and your comedy relief .
You and Rod need to star in a sitcom !
So darn funny ~ I have to be carful that I am not drinking my coffee when I read your blog or I laugh and spray my mouthful of caffeine everywhere ... ain't pretty, and dangerous around laptops !

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

This is so cute!

Debby Ray said...

How stinkin' cute! You have outdone yourself, woman! Love those colored bottles!

Country Gal said...

I love it all looks great ! Rod relax they aren't real chickens your still Mama's boy lol ! I am itching to get into my gardens still a bit early but I am having fun planing on paper lol Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

Our Neck of the Woods said...

It is sooooo cute! I'm very impressed! You did an amazing job. It is so "you" :)

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

So darn cute and I love Rod Stewart. Love the colors.

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

This is the funkiest, happiest place for plants I've ever seen! Love - love it!

Michelle said...

I like it!!!!!!

Michelle said...

It looks so cute. I am also trying real hard not to plant any more veggie. I do have my potatoes,peas, strawberry, and lettuce planted . Now I have my fingers crossed that we don't get a freeze.

Tete said...

Oh, girl, you rocked out that potting shed! Love it. I am so ready to plant stuff! May just have to settle for grass and lettuce for now. Too early here to go puttin' stuff in. I could get my onions in. Usually have to mud them in anyway.

Anonymous said...

I got so inspired I went out and got some lil debbies! Oh, ya, and some marigold seeds too! :)