Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter Weekend Part 1

Every where I looked.....beautiful Easter scenes.

Families all dressed up in there Sunday best......egg hunting...beautiful table settings.

Even on Saturday there were cookouts and photo shoots.

THIS was my crazy family photo shoot.


My Mom summoned us all for a work day on Saturday and

then Sunrise service on Sunday.

You don't get to see the beautiful, dressed up photo because we were to tired

and sore to lift the camera.....:)

Because Mom wasn't kidding......we cut limbs.....we cut down trees....

we cleaned up limbs...we worked!


No small, little baby limbs.....

Well the one I have is small....but most were not.
(note to self...do not tuck head down....double chin alert..must take all photos looking up
"Oh look ...a bird...in the sky"....only photos allowed.)


Do you see how close this tree was to the house.....


This tree took much discussion about where it would fall...


I would give them my two cents but they seemed to ignore me.

And the chicken coop was right behind where I was standing taking this photo.

I turned around and there isn't a chicken in sight.

They all ran into the coop....I wonder if they know something that we don't?

Chicken intuition....hmmmm....


But the men did a great job.....whew...


Only had to do a little fence mending...


My boys and my brothers.....does my heart good....:)

We did do some cooking...

(college kid is mentally telling me to quit taking photos)

we waited 30 minutes with a little resting before returning to work....
(yes we know this only pertains to swimming but we pretended that it didn't)


(this is my oldest son with my Dad.....heart smile..:)

and we hid eggs for the little ones...


and then I said I need a sibling photo....

this was the last and only sibling photo we had....


so now we have this....


It would be a great photo if I didn't have the BA-BA-BA-BANANA shirt on....

The two oldest on the right with their dark hair and olive skin...

and the two youngest on the left blonde and paler..

We had worked and sweated and didn't wear makeup...oh well...

I'm so grateful to have this.

I caught this photo of the girls eating candy in the back of the truck...

I love it because their hair is messy and they are just enjoying being with each other.


And I might add that the heaviest thing they picked up all day was that basket....lol.

#princesses

All in all it was a great day of work and food and family.

I know that I will look back at these days as the best of times.


#love my family.

I hope you all had a great Easter also.






7 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Special moments- all captured to bring sweet memories in the future. Looks like you all had a fantastic holiday weekend.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

How wonderfully blessed you are!

Liz said...

Spending time with your whole family had to be the biggest Easter blessing! Great pics, loved them all!

Country Gal said...

Awesome post and photos ! Looks like all had a great weekend . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Carla from The River said...

Great family time. Amen!

Willow said...

Well that picture with all of you around the tractor is great fun. Looks like a busy day making memories and getting things done.
Everyone gathered at my moms Easter too, lots of photos taken by by great niece ,I have to track her down and get a few:)

Tete said...

That's a good Easter weekend! I know y'all clean up pretty good, so these pics are awesome. Its so good of y'all to help your mom out so much!
So glad that tree fell the right way! You should hire yourselves out! You would make a fortune!