Friday, June 21, 2013

A Walkabout With The Chickens and A Finished Project

It is such a beautiful morning today I decided to get my coffee and walk around with the chickens.


I love dappled shade areas...


The coop needs some weeds pulled and a little TLC....


I love my Bottle Brush plant.....


Good morning Sambo.....she hates to look at the camera...


Good morning Rod Stewart and Baby Kitty....


"You looking at me?" ( I always say that in The Godfather voice)


Since I can't attack the chickens I will just tear up this landscape fabric......


Good morning sweet Bucky....(he had a stroke last year and part of his face sags..but he is fine)


Hello garden fairy.....whatcha reading?



And now.....drum roll please......I finally finished a project and I'm happy with it! Yea!


Doesn't this look easy to do......

It only took 25 trips to the hardware store, 3 drills, 3 cans of spray paint, 1 bag of mulch, 5 trips to Walmart, 

4 trips to the nursery, one flea market trip, 6 magic markers, and two weeks to complete it.

Nothing is ever easy with me.


And now the chickens can't wait to scratch out the mulch...

Sigh....

At least I have a photo of how it looked good for about 5 minutes.....:(

Have a blessed day!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sharing with:

http://thecountryfarmhome.blogspot.com/2013/06/summer-projects-country-whites-weekend-7.html

http://sunnysimplelife.blogspot.com/2013/06/from-farm-blog-hop_21.html

http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2013/06/feature-friday-free-for-all-71.html

http://www.thecottagemarket.com/2013/06/junkin-joe-thrifty-vintage-finds.html

http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/06/fabulously-creative-friday-linky-party.html

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2013/06/feathered-nest-friday_20.html

http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-perfect-lunch-tote-show-and-tell.htm

http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2013/06/share-your-creativity-83/

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/06/clever-chicks-blog-hop-40-and-henbag.html




15 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Love your new project! It is so cute. I often end up making things harder than they need to be, so I understand! Love your cute kitties and doggie. Your yard is so lovely!

Leave It To Davis said...

lol....you don't give up easily, do you? I would have quit trying before I made that many trips. Persistence and patience pays off, my daddy always said.

Donna Wilkes said...

You are a straight shooter when it comes to the truth about great projects. Love the coop and your menagerie. The cats don't bother the chickens?

Tete said...

Lady, I have gone down and read a few of your posts and it seems to me that you are one twisted chicken wrestler. I think you are my kind of chick and I am your newest follower. That is the funkiest chicken coup I have ever seen and anyone who has a rooster named Rod Stewart must be the most fun blogger around. ;) Can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter of the Coopville Diaries.

Liz said...

I really like your project! But had to laugh at the chicken finding his new scratching place. I would be a new follower!
Liz

sweetvintageofmine said...

Your animals have one nice place to call home......love your posts! I hope they appreciate all that hard work you put into their direction/yard sign!! hehe!! You're too sweet~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

Unknown said...

Thank you sweet vintage of mine! They don't appreciate it at all...lol. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment..:)

Susannah said...

The red fairie in with the little flowers is gorgeous. I really like your directions sign. Unique... and I know it was harder than it looks. Good job.

Have a joyful and fun weekend!
Susannah

The Farmers Daughter said...

So many details--so many wonderful ideas! Love the coop--and your finished project is so much fun. Thanks for sharing with Country Whites Weekend. Everything is picture perfect!
Blessings from the Farmhouse,
Dru

Unknown said...

Love your chickens and your project is cute. I have hens myself and love them. Susan @ Through My Porch Window

Unknown said...

Thank you Susan. Chickens are so much fun! Thanks for stopping by...:)

Old Time Cindy said...

Rod Stewart...too funny! Your project is a 'I want to do that someday'! Thanks for sharing at Country Whites Weekend.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh, the chicken does look like Rod Stewart. Now the question is, can she sing like him? lol! I love taking a morning stroll thru my gardens. Best way to start the day. Visiting from Country Whites.
hugs,
Jann

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

This is so amazing and I have to profess my love for Bucky!!!!! what a sweet and wonderful boy! please give everyone big hugs from us and Bucky gets a million and 1!!!! thanks for sharing : )

Gail said...

I like your projects. I'm thinking you may be a little Type A yourself. Great work.