Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Clean up yo house!

 

I am a fair housekeeper.

I could definitely use some type A personality traits. 

You know, the “everything has to be perfect” part.

  Because that is not me.

I’m not nasty or need to be on Hoarders but I’m cluttered.

Sometimes, ok most of the time I don’t stress over the dirty fingerprints on the white doors.  I don’t notice the assortment of clutter under the coffee table (you will see what I mean later).

  But you want to know how to clean your house really, really, well, I mean, really, really well?

Invite a type A personality over to your house for dinner.

Then you will see the dust and dirt on your baseboards, you will notice every door that needs repainting, you will see the cat hair on the cushions, and you will not have enough time in this year to get it all done.

I looked like the Tasmanian Devil wiping off counters, scrubbing floors, lint brushing cat hair, spray painting old wicker furniture, sweeping, dusting, cleaning windows…..whew!

(Image Source Page: http://www.toonfind.com/cartoon_page.php?cartoon_idnr)

 

The poor animals thought I was nuts!

They didn’t understand why they couldn’t come in….they all stood at the glass door watching me.

  I can hear their conversation..Cat-”What’s wrong with momma?”  Dog- “I don’t know but I’m a little scared. I tried to go in and she ran me off.”…..Cat- “Well, I don’t blame her, you stink.”…..Dog-“Do not!”….Cat-“Do too!”..Dog-“ well if you’re so clean why don’t you try to go in?”…..Cat (licking paw)- “Cause I don’t want to right now.”…..Dog- “You’re scared.haha.”…..Cat-“am not!”….Dog-“Are too!”

Do you see what I have to put up with?

Anyway, I cleaned from sun up to sun down.

  What I couldn’t get to, I threw in the laundry room and shut the door.  I thought about barricading the door but I thought she might get suspicious.

My son walked in and said “wow, it looks nice in here, who’s coming over?”  The nerve of him!  I said “I don’t know what you mean?…….ok ok….my friend is coming over. Now get out of here…wait…..pick up that empty gatorade bottle you just put on my table! Shoo! Shoo!”

So finally my friend comes over and I’m pretending like this is how my house always looks.  We ordered pizza (I couldn’t mess up my kitchen!) and we watched a movie and I was almost too exhausted to watch it.

  But it was a great night and I need to do this more often just so I will clean my house!  It is so nice to wake up this morning and have very little to do except……..eeeek!!!……the laundry room……:(

But I will show a few pictures.  Now although things are cleaner it doesn’t mean that things don’t need to be worked on.  I need a new kitchen and a new deck and to repaint the living room  and yada, yada, yada.  But I did try to spruce up the place as best as I could…..so don’t judge….:)

DSC03956 The cat did come in…..that sneaky little joker!  Wow, I should have cleaned under the coffee table.

DSC03965

I realize that is some bad looking green cabinets but they have grown on me and one day I will get a new kitchen.

DSC03967

Wow….that is a mish mash of style.

DSC03972

This is my desk and my collage wall.  Everything on it was given to me by a friend.  It makes me smile…..:)

DSC03962

DSC03961

Please do not look to closely because everything out here is old but it is amazing what a little spray paint will do and a few mums.  That’s my chicken coop in the background. 

DSC03949

I even made this while I was in my Tasmanian Devil mode!

Well, that’s it for now.  My house needs a lot but I’m going to tell you the truth, I love it!  I don’t mind shabby things, I embrace them.  If everything was brand new I would be scared to put my own little touches on them. Sure there is a long list of things I would like to change but part of the fun is figuring out how to “spruce” things up on a shoe string budget!

Hope you enjoyed it……have a great day!

1 comment:

Gail said...

I like your place. The green looks great, like milk paint.

You friend came to see you, not to find dust and hair. Next time, enjoy the visit and clean after the company leaves. Then you don't have to clean twice.