Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spring Projects!

Land sakes!

 I know this is going to be hard to believe but I worked hard all......day.......long!

I have a mile long list of projects to get done before it gets Summer time and too hot to do them.

It was a beautiful day and I see Spring popping out everywhere.

I cleaned out the old dog yard and tore apart an old wooden dog house.  

Sheesh that was hard work!

I've been wanting to make some raised garden beds but didn't want to spend the money and these old boards will work just fine.



I just have to pull out all the nails.  Note to self....only use screws....no more nails...:(

I really want to build these......but I have my doubts that it will happen.

I let the chickens out and they followed me to the shed and they loved having a good dust bath.

Everyone was enjoying the sunshine.  She is on leash patrol....she ran off yesterday and we found her about 5 miles away.

My husband's father (who is no longer with us) made this deer feeder and my husband wants me to use it for something.  I think it will be lovely with flowers planted in it.


We have this old wheel barrow that I need to paint and plant with flowers.


All of my flower beds need sprucing up and I want to plant a tree near the chicken coop and maybe add some flower pots.
Pinned Image

And many, many, many more projects.

So what did I do today?

I painted my clothes line that my husband finally finished and hung up my chicken sign.  I can't wait to hang some pretty flowering pots from her.



I hung out the wash, the chickens are scratching up some critters, and I'm about to cook up some vittles.

It is what my country heart calls a good day.

Y'all come back now, you hear!


2 comments:

Holly said...

Your yard looks so pretty right now. My grass is still brown and crispy. The summer lawn won't come in for another month or so. Hope you do the raised bed for the garden, you will love that. The deer feeder will be perfect for flowers. I love findig odd things to plant flowers in. Have a great day!

Old Time Cindy said...

I'll take all that sunshine you have going on there. I'm jealous!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy