Monday, April 8, 2013

Our Little Piece of Paradise

On a Sunday afternoon one of our favorite things to do is ride the dirt roads with the dogs in the back of the truck and the windows down listening to the 70's on the radio.



I realize I have already told you that once before.

But today we crossed by the fields of yellow.....


across the pastures..


through the pine thicket


and came out at our little piece of paradise...

"Our" sandbar at the River...

Ahhhh....

It makes our hearts beat calmer, our breathing relaxed, stress levels go down...


The dogs are happy.......we are happy.

Then we play a little "Redneck Golf".....we see who comes closest to hitting it across the river.

I never win...:(

Our audience..

Now it's time to leave our little paradise and go home...

This is what we do...:)

I know to some people this is very boring but to my husband and I it is some great, quality time spent together.

We talk about everything.....no phone interruptions, no t.v., no internet....just us.

On the way out we passed by hundreds of these....



Do you know what these are called........Cypress Knees.

A cypress knee is a term used in the biology of trees to describe the distinctive structures forming above the roots of a cypress tree of any of various species of the subfamily Taxodioideae. Their function is unknown, but they are generally seen on trees grown in swamps. Some scientists have thought they may help in oxygenation to the tree's roots or assist in anchoring the tree in the soft, muddy soil.

People sell them..

I could be rich!.....lol.....but I wouldn't sell them.

And one last photo.....on our way out.


I thought this was a cool shot....it looks hazy but that is how high the river got up a few days ago....you can see the line on the trees where the water stopped.

I thought it would make a cool abstract photo.

Anyway....this is our life....I warned you in the title of my blog.....not extraordinary....just...

My Ordinary Country Life!

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

_________________________________________________________________

Linking with:

http://sunnysimplelife.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunny-simple-sunday-link-party.html

7 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday and what beautiful pics! The video won't load though. :(

Unknown said...

Thanks Holly...it was....I don't know why the video doesn't work...it works when I click on it...:(

Theresa said...

I think your life looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'll take that ride any day -- lovely day and very interesting with the Cypress Knees too.. Thanks for sharing..
Hugs

Unknown said...

Thank you Theresa....I think you need a blog...:)

Unknown said...

Thank you "travel"...I thought they were interesting too....thanks for stopping by...:)

My Maine Blog said...

A perfect "Paradise" in my book. These are the places, the things, the times that restore our souls. Mother nature at it's best !!! I love the feeling of being one with nature like you have here and that you enjoy. The peaceful feeling of solitude cannot be duplicated without these special places to go to. This my dear sweet friend is far from the ordinary...it is extraordinary. How lucky we are that we have these special places and that we can share them here on our blogs.