Friday, November 22, 2013

Coopville Diaries - episode 11

Yes...it is time!

Time for another episode of....

Coopville Diaries!!!
(dumdumdum)

This week it's all about this girl.......Lucy.


She is one crazy hen.

She marches to the beat of her own drummer.

The rest of the hens follow 2 steps behind Rod Stewart.....

she stares at him eye to eye.


The other chickens sleep in the coop...

she sleeps on the front porch....


I heard a racket at 12:00 one night and I thought something was attacking her...

I ran outside in my nightgown and she was in the front yard just fussing and eating grass.

And then I get a phone call the other day.

A friend of mine said that she drove by my house and she saw a chicken on the edge of

the road across the street from me.

The first thing I asked her was....."Was she red?"

The friend replied...."yes...yes she was.  She was just sitting there watching the cars go by."

So I knew I had to have a talk with Lucy.

I walk around looking for her and then I heard singing.

"I want to fly like an eagle...
to the sea
fly like an eagle
let my spirit carry me"

I say...."Lucy.......hey....Lucy!"

"I want to fly like an eagle.." she's still singing

LUCY!!

Bkok....what?!


Lucy...I need to talk to you.

Do you think you can focus for two minutes?

Lucy: " yes....bokbokbok....what is it?"

Me: "Well a friend told me that she saw you on..."

Lucy:  "BOK! A BUG! Did you see a bug? I know I saw a bug....he's in here somewhere."


LUCY!!!

I'm trying to ask you something!

Did you go across the road the other day?

Lucy:  " well I ummmm......might have...ummmm...oh my wing is dirty."
"I need to straighten out these feathers."


LUCY!!

You are a chicken....you don't need to be near the road!

I can't believe I'm even going to ask this...but....

Why did you, Lucy, a chicken, cross the road?


Lucy: " I know....I know...ohh...I know!!!

To get to the other side!!!"

Bokbokbokbokbokbokbok!!!!

Me:  "that's it!! I'm going inside!"

Lucy: "why did the chicken cross the ocean?"
"to get to the other tide!"
Bokbokbokbokbok

"where are chicks born?"
"Chick-ago!"
Bokbokbokbokbok

"Hey!..where are you going?"


And that concludes another episode of.....

Coopville Diaries!!!

Tune in next week to see if Lucy is prescribed Prozac....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharing with:
http://www.sunnysimplelife.com/2013/11/from-farm-blog-hop-and-recipe-for.html

http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2013/11/share-your-cup-thursday-82.html

8 comments:

Linda W. said...

Now we know why the chicken crossed the road! Thanks for giving me a morning laugh!

Tete said...

I think you might have a problem there. Lucille Ball came back as a chicken. Maybe she was just looking for a cuban...LOL! You need to find her a Desi to keep her home. You know what they say, once they get a taste of the bugs on the other side, they never turn back. Hope she doesn't get hit out there, though. You might tell her THE COLONEL lives over there and show her a bucket...

Debby Ray said...

Those crazy chickens of yours...what next?!

Latane Barton said...

Well, there is one thing for sure..... I love Lucy!!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Lucy is such a character! I love her chutzpah (however you spell that word haha). Never a dull moment with her it seems :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

And the saga continues. . .lol! I love LUCY! Hee-hee! Keep those chicken jokes coming. Always love a good laugh! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Tea in the Library said...

What fun! Going to share on fb with my MIL - who kept chickens and will totally understand!

Unknown said...

Thank you Susan Clayton!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and are sharing....totally made my day!