Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Purpose of Weeds

I had a great 4th and I hope you did as well.

I posted these photos on face book

"Finally got invited to play with the pros"

and I posted this one..

"Guess who the winning team was!"

And then I posted...

"To finish the day off perfectly college kid made us grilled venison fajitas!"


Do you ever feel guilty when you post good times on face book?

I don't ever want to make people feel bad or to make people think that my life is perfect.

In fact....most people don't know what's really going on in each others lives.

Do they know that this family day together couldn't have come at a better time?

Can they see the lack of sleep circles under our eyes?

I am a very happy person and I have great faith but it doesn't mean that I don't stress out over things.

I try not to but I do.

There is a lot going on with our life right now.

College kid is finishing college and needs a job.

Oldest kid is searching for a home of his own.

Hubby and I are starting all over in our fifties with our career path.

We have a beautiful life but it is filled with weeds!

Yes....I said weeds.


I was working in the yard yesterday and I was thinking of all of these things.

I was already frustrated and then I started working on my flower beds.

 I was mad because weeds were growing everywhere!

Why Lord?

Weeds are ugly.

They are time consuming.

They mess up all of your hard work.

They are frustrating.

They grow in the wrong places at the wrong times.

What is their purpose Lord?


And do you know what answer I got back?

Nothing....

Nada.....

Nilch...

It's not for me to know.

There are things that only God knows.

And apparently what's the purpose of weeds is one of them.

And so is the reason "weeds" are in my life.

Only God knows.

He has a plan for my future......

and if that involves "weeds" in my life then who am I to say they shouldn't be there.

They can be ugly and time consuming and show up at the wrong times and

definitely frustrating but they must have a purpose

because God put them there.


So I need to learn that I don't know all the answers,

I can ask but may never get the answers....

much less the answers that I want.

The best that I can do is trust and lean on the Lord.

Every year there are weeds in my gardens...

But it doesn't mean that my flowers aren't growing also.

So.....


Thanks for listening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharing with:

http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/2014/07/treasure-hunt-thursday-163-highlights.html

http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2014/07/share-your-cup-thursday-110.html

12 comments:

Jackie See said...

Great post, made me stop and think. Thank you for sharing.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You're so right. I remember when we were buying our first house and the realtor did some questionable things which caused us to lose out to a cash bid. I was angry and sad but looking back, a strip center now sits where my first house would have been, backing up to pasture filled with cows. The traffic is so bad there that they have to keep widening the streets and it's still congested. I'm glad we had that weed in our life.

Lorraine said...

I like that little poem at the end! I have to concentrate on growing more flowers in my thoughts garden. :-)

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I like this post! I think most people don't want to hear about our problems cause they have so many of their own! Posting positive things helps brighten a day. Thanks for brightening my day! Blessings from Bama!

Linda W. said...

Great post. So true - we think things are all figured out until life throws us a curve ball. But it's these challenges that make life interesting! :)

Tete said...

Sweetie- the weeds have a big purpose. They keep us closer to Him. If everything was perfect in the gardens, we wouldn't hit our knees, now would we??? We would just walk on by.
And some weeds are quite helpful and beautiful, too. And remember, roses were once just a weed until someone declared otherwise.
Anything is a weed if we declare it, or a wonderful creation from heaven to make our lives better. We choose how we look at it.
Have a great day and love the photos of the fun times.
I sure miss golfing with my guys. How I wish we could do it again.
I did try to swing a club about a week ago. It was a good swing but it hurt so bad, so what did I do? Quit- oh no, not until the 3rd yelling. LOL
Oh- and there are new little debbies out there! Purple pin wheels, which are awesome and some kind of cake things with a beachy theme. Check em' out!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Ah, dear girl. Wish I could give the whole family a hug right now, just because.

Poppy said...

There is no garden, no matter how green, lush or beautiful, that is not without its wiry and wearisome weeds! Your pondering thoughts here, today, are so eloquently expressed, and your conclusion, namely, that it is not for us to completely understand, but believe, that there is a reason for such intrusive and tedious a presence in our lives, is illuminating in itself.

Poppy

Carla from The River said...

Great post. You are so right on! I also needed that reminder right now.
We are still dealing with my grandmas estate. It is slow and seems to never end and I just want it to go away.
For sure a weed to me, but you are right, God has another plan.
Thank you for this today.
Carla

Old Time Cindy said...

When I was weeding the other day, I realized that it made me slow down and appreciate what I do have (and I know you are very appreciative of what you have, too). And are they really weeds? I find it interesting that when I look at a dandelion, I see a flower. My hubby looks at a dandelion and sees a weed. I'd rather see a flower, LOL!
Sending you some farmhouse hugs, Lisa!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love this post! Yup, we all need a few weeds to help us grow. And just thin how gorgeous a field of Dandelions is? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Kerin said...

Good thoughts.
My husband commented to me one day, that perhaps weeds are not weeds, they are just flowers that someone didn't think to cultivate and give a pretty name to. The forgotten flowers, if you will.
Makes me smile, whenever I think about that.

K.

p.s. Still, weeds are pretty aggravating in the flower beds :)