Wednesday, February 5, 2014

In His Image...



Why do I try to hold on to my troubling thoughts?....

Why do I try to figure things out?....

God gives us a brand new day....

each and every day.....

we get to wake up to a fresh start.

"And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning
without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear
shining after the rain.
2 Samuel 23:4


He gives us all the tools we need.....

he gives a book with all the answers....

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for 
doctrine, for reproof, for correction 
for instruction in righteousness:"
2 Timothy 3:16



Why do I have to be reminded.....

Do not worry.....

I can have peace about all things....

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27


Some days I look everywhere but to HIM for my answers....

That's when I feel like a sinking ship....

Why would I do that?

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."
Hebrews 13:8


When I can look out my window and see creation...


He created this all for us.....

He created us in His image....

in His image....

why would I limit myself...

doubt myself...

in His image....


"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God
created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:27


So I know, that I know, that I know...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13


And after struggling with some thoughts this morning

I opened my Bible...

and this is exactly where God...

who knows my every thought...

led me...

"Do not fear; for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you:
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you;
when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
your Savior;"

I am strengthened and renewed....

bring on the day...month....year....

I am a child of the One True King...

I shall not be moved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharing with:
http://www.tillysnest.com/2014/02/down-home-blog-hopnumber-74-diy-corsage.html

10 comments:

Debby Ray said...

Lisa, let me be the first to tell you how beautiful this post is, sweet friend. The photos are gorgeous...God's handiwork, to be sure. You have encouraged ,e today...now, go read my post from this morning! :)

Our Neck of the Woods said...

What an uplifting post! And I love all the cute photos. I think it is just human nature to worry and doubt ourselves. But we don't have to!

Unknown said...

What a true blessing your blog and Godly insight are to us. Thank You.
Joy Howell

Liz said...

My favorite passage when having a worry is Philippians 4:6-7 I will let you seek it out and enjoy the blessing.
Liz

Carla from The River said...

I needed this today. So glad I found you. Thank you for sharing.

Willow said...

You are a sweet soul my friend.
Beautiful post.
My quick go to phrase when I start to get overwhelmed with worry is ~ " This too shall pass"
well sometimes also "Praise the lord and pass the biscuits ! " shhh that last ones just between you and me ;)

Linda said...

Lovely photos and inspiring post. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

Jan said...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." That has been the scriptural rock of my life's foundation. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photographs and scriptures.

Tete said...

;)
Sometimes the human part pops up and we have to tell the devil to leave us alone. Great post, we all suffer from it and we all regain our balance again when reminded how great He really is. Great post.

Debbie said...

What a blessing :)