Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Black Gold......Redneck Style

 
 
 


(Beverly Hillbillies Theme)
 
 
 
Come and listen to my story
 
'Bout a man named Shannon
 
A sweet redneck man
 
wondering why his wife is fannin'
 
 
they rode one day
 
and was cruisin' with his nets
 
and up through the ground came a bubblin' reds
 
crawdads that is, freshwater lobsters.



 
Well first thing you know ol Shannon's here and there
 
he says to his wife "pick your feet up" and she glared
 
 
 
she said Redneck Island is the place I want to be
 
get me out of this mud, I'm gettin' hun-ger-y
 
KFC, chicken that is..yum..yum
 
 
 Now it's time to say goodbye to Shannon and his kin
 
and they would like to thank you folks fer kindly dropping in
 
 
Your all invited back next week to this locality
 
to have a heapin' help of their hospitality
 
 
Redneck, that is,,,
 
set a spell...take your shoes off
 
 
 
 
Y'all come back now y'here?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

If they were only a little bigger and I wasn't the one that had to shell them for everyone! Delicious, I like them better than KFC (but that's because I like my chicken well done and have to microwave KFC- my husband thinks I am nuts) Looks like you had fun.

Debby Ray said...

You funny, funny girl...this was great! Do they taste like shrimp? Or chicken?

Unknown said...

I'm so excited you have a Blog!!!! Those are words this 46 year old has ever said before!!

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Hi Lisa,

What a fun day! I so miss crawfish ... folks up here in Montana don't know what they are ... God bless these poor, poor souls.

Blessings,
Mrs.B

Tete said...

Gosh dang it, girl- you need your own show! NO- you need to write for a show. You are the funniest thing around. I loved this post. Y'all eat crawdads? We use them for bait. We only eat the big, red ones and the fancy sit down places without a drive up window!