Sunday, January 31, 2016

What's New in 2016

 
 
 
First up hello!!!
 
I have missed y'all!
 
Did I tell you my sweet husband got me some more chickens for Christmas?
 
This camouflaged beauty came to me named Rosie but I may have to rename her.
 
 
 
This beauty I have named Adele.
 
I think it suits her....:)
 
 
And then some friends surprised me with this guy!!!
 
 
A frizzle!!!
 
I did not need another rooster but who could turn him away?!
 
Russell Crow is not happy about it!
 
 
I thought and thought about a name for the new rooster.
 
I knew he reminded me of someone...............................................Marty Stuart!!!
 
 
 
And the best part of new hens..........
 
 
beautiful eggs!!! And some of them blue!
 
 
And of course the puppies, the puppies, the puppies!!
 
 
14 puppies will keep you very busy!!
 
I received a phone call from a photographer who wanted to take photos of
 
my sweet little bunch.
 
Our first road trip.....
 
 
Even though they peed all over her studio and tore down all of her backdrops
 
and tried to wrestle the camera strap out of her hands she took some incredible photos.
 
 
 
 
 
My heart is breaking a little today because 6 of my babies went to their forever home this weekend.
 
But I'll always have these photos and I'm so grateful.
 
But all in all life is as usual for "Lisa"...:)
 
My sons are good, work is busy, hubby is still putting up with me
 
and God is in control.
 
I hope each of you have a wonderful week!
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 

9 comments:

Linda W. said...

Congrats on your new chickens! Your puppies are so very sweet. How cool that a photographer used them for a photo shoot. I would be sad to see some of them go too.

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Good Morning Lisa,

Terrific photos of the puppies! Blue eggs are my favorite.

Blessings,
Mrs.B

Tete said...

Oh, what fun names, Adele and Marty Stewart...genius names and they sure fit. I Love puppies and this gals photos are wonderful- so glad you have them, so happy for forever homes. So many wrinkles! I am glad you are surviving and that hubby still lets you in the door every evening...I know we walk on thin ice a lot, we two.
I got a mama ready to pop here and babies coming to hug and kiss and name funny names, too. Have a grand old week and enjoy those blue eggs...beautiful.

Debby Ray said...

"Hello"...is that you, Adele??? I just knew you had to write a post since you had those adorable pups! You got some pretty chickens there and even prettier eggs! I think those photos she took of the pups and baby need to be in book or on someone's wall somewhere. Did you get a free picture or two out of it? I can see a huge enlargement hanging in your office over your desk! I hope all is well with you and yours, my sweet friend...love you!

Theresa said...

Love the puppy photos. Adorable!!

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

Happy Resurection Sunday Lisa. Always enjoy your posts and pictures of the chicks. Also, those pups are so cute. It has been awhile since your last post and hope all is well at your country home. I'm sure you are incredibly busy with work and home life.....not to mention the critters too. Just wanted to say hi and hope you keep blogging. Patty Mc

Unknown said...

Patty Mc.....I haven't even looked at my blog in quite a while and today I thought let me just see if I have any comments and there you were. I was seriously thinking I may as well shut down the blog since I have been so terrible at it but you and your comment have made me rethink this. It was so very sweet of you to leave such a wonderful comment. I hope you and yours had a great Easter. I really do hope to come back soon...:) Hugs!!

Unknown said...

And to all that left a comment thank you so much....I love seeing my friends on here...:) I hope you all are doing well.

Ranch and Farm Lands said...

I loved all the chickens. I grew up on a exotic gamebird farm in Texas. Ton's of pheasants, quail, partridges and lots of cats and dogs. Your article was delightful! Thanks so much!