Saturday, April 11, 2015

Change....

 
 
Change....
 
 
 
There's a lot going on in my life that I can't change
 
but myself is not one of them.
 
 
By the looks of the books that I'm going to be reading
 
I will be a
 
Tidy
Inspiring
Financially Secure
Determined
Disciplined
Prayerful
Christian
Homesteader!
 
Lol.....well........maybe....:)
 
I can try.
 
Oh and don't forget healthy and slimmer!!
 
 
 
I downloaded the Couch to 5K app on my phone and the My Fitness Pal.
 
I'm on my second week of the Couch to 5K and I'm doing pretty good.
 
I was walking/jogging this morning and I'm not a pretty sight.
 
It's a slooooooow process.  I almost laugh when I say "jog" because my shuffle is so slow.
 
I look up and I see this.
 
 
Do you see those two black specs in the sky?
 
Buzzards..........circling......yep.
 
I met a friend of mine for lunch one day out of town and she looked great and she
 
suggested the Quest bars and the protein powder.
 
After lunch I shopped and went to see my son and that evening
 
I went to the GNC store to get the protein powder and Quest bars.
 
But first I stopped at the Chick-Fil-A because we don't have one where we live
 
and I bought a bunch of chicken sandwiches for all the guys to have at work the next day.
 
And I bought me one for supper.
 
 
So I sat in the car and ate mine before I went into the GNC store.
 
I walked in and a helpful, friendly guy that worked there asked what I was looking for
 
and I could tell that he was so impressed that I had a photo on my phone of the exact
 
things that I needed.
 
He could tell I was serious.
 
He was a happy guy, just grinning the whole time.
 
It's nice to be around happy people.
 
I go back to the car and start to put my seatbelt on and there on my chest
 
is a big piece of chicken sandwich stuck on my shirt by a blob of ketchup.
 
REALLY????
 
 
I guess he didn't know that GNC = Girl Needs Chicken.
 
#proteinpowdermakesicecreamhavenocaloriesright?
 
 
Stay Tuned...
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 


10 comments:

Gail said...

Funny!

Congratulations! You have the tools to succeed.

Linda W. said...

Good for you for doing the couch to 5k program! Keep up the good work! Running always makes me happy (I usually feel happiest when I'm done, but hey I'll take happiness whenever I can get it). I finally started back running this week, nearly 5 1/2 months post-foot surgery.

KathyB. said...

You had me laughing, a lot. Girl needs chicken, of course after the run you did. :)

With your sense of humor and motivation I know you'll succeed.

Latane Barton said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa. That was too funny. I drop stuff on my clothes nearly every time I eat. Must be a food fairy, can't be my age.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I am glad I finished that drink of Diet Dr Pepper before I read about your chicken sandwich shirt!! Notice I said Diet Dr Pepper. I didn't mention that we had fried Spam for lunch, did I! LOL

Congratulations and good luck with your goals.

Liz said...

Chicken is a good protein right? lol Good luck to you! I did the couch to 5k a few years back. It would probably be a good thing to try again too!

Carla from The River said...

LOL!!
I will be excited to hear more about your progress.
Wishing you the best!
Carla

Debby Ray said...

You know I read this on facebook but you always put more on your blog. Best wishes, my friend, even though I love you just the way you are! Try not to get too skinny, OK? lol

Tete said...

LOL----oh my gosh, I swear I have to wear depends to come here. Between swishing down the road and buzzards circling around ya, to being the eat more chicken spokes person...you could be the end of me.
They guys here now think I am most certainly demented and need to be placed in a padded cell- thank you very much!

Poppy said...

Whether you'll be 'X' pounds thinner, or just more healthy, you'll always be a super serving size of funny, (extra giggles!), for me!

Thanks for being uniquely you!

xoxo
Poppy